How to Make Your Dental Cleaning Last Longer
Before we can talk about dental cleaning, we need to talk about the different kinds of dental stains and how they change the look and color of the teeth. There are two main types of stains: intrinsic stains and extrinsic stains.
- Intrinsic stains affect the dentin, an inner layer of the tooth that gives the colour of the tooth its shape.
- Extrinsic stains happen on the tooth enamel, which is the outermost layer of the tooth.
It’s important to know that this kind of tooth stain is caused by something completely different, so it needs a different treatment. So, sometimes you need professional teeth cleaning to lighten the color of your tooth enamel. When the goal is to lighten the color of the teeth, that is, to change the color of the dentin, dental whitening is necessary.
What kinds of ways can you whiten your teeth?
Dental cleaning is a cosmetic treatment that makes teeth look better by lightening the color of enamel and dentin by several shades. This makes teeth whiter and healthier.
Today, there are primarily three ways to whiten teeth:
- Whitening by a professional.
These are the kinds of dental cleaning that dentists do. They work the best and are the fastest. In addition, the teeth look much whiter and brighter after this treatment.
- Whitening at home.
They are ways to whiten teeth that dentists can do at home. For this kind of whitening, you use ones made just for you and put them on your teeth with a whitening gel. This kind of treatment is also done with the help of a professional so that no harm comes to the patient.
- Mixed bleaching.
It is a kind of whitening mix of the two above. The patient can go to the clinic for a professional whitening to see results as quickly as possible and then use the splints at home to improve the results.
How to make whiter teeth last longer
Whitening your teeth won’t make them stay white forever. However, there are some things you can do to get the most out of your results:
- Avoid things like coffee, wine, tea, sugary soft drinks, and alcohol that can stain your teeth.
- Maintain good dental hygiene. To keep your teeth white, you need to take care of your teeth. To do this, brush your teeth at least twice daily and use dental floss. This keeps teeth from getting stained as quickly.
- Avoid tobacco use. In general, tobacco is nasty for your health. So, it also hurts your oral health by making your teeth look stained and can even cause some diseases, like periodontitis.
- At least twice a year, you should go to the Dentist. Checkups at the Dentist are a great way to prevent oral diseases. They also help the Dentist see how the teeth are doing and decide if a dental cleaning is needed.
- Do not use toothpaste that contains chlorhexidine. This type of mouthwash or mouthwash can stain teeth over time.
It’s essential to clarify that this kind of treatment can only be done by a trained professional. This way, You can prevent damage to the teeth. Remember that we are experts in all kinds of dental treatments at Primary Dental. If you want to know more, please don’t be afraid to get in touch with us.
Visit our website or read our blog to learn more about dental cleaning. At Primary Dental, we will explain in detail how we carry out these treatments and the results you can expect from each one.