What Phase 1 of Reopening Looks Like for YMCA Families
So what exactly does Phase 1 of Reopening means for the gyms and public pools? Today I took my kids to Clinton YMCA to find out. If you’re a member at YMCA, here is what you need to know:
- The outdoor pool is open for family time Monday-Friday 12-6 pm, Saturday 12-4 pm.
- Call ahead. You’ll be offered a 2-hour slot: 12-2, 2-4, or 4-6 p.m. You need to sign up all the members of your party, because the number of people who can be at the pool at the same time is limited to 46 people.
- There are lockers available for use in the outdoor pool area. Bathrooms and changing rooms are also available for use.
- The lifeguards are required to wear face masks. The visitors aren’t required to wear masks.
- The lounge chairs are available for use, but cannot be moved. They need to remain where they are in order to comply with social distancing regulations.
- The slides are available for use. Visitors should maintain distance when standing in line to go up the stairs.
- Expect to hear one of the lifeguards blow the whistle, as the end of your time slot is approaching. You will get a 5-minute warning and are expected to leave the premises without delay, before the next group begins arriving.
Overall, the atmosphere is very welcoming and people are trying to respect each other’s physical boundaries. We were glad to open swim season 2020.
All the details, including the new policy and safety regulations, can be found here.