Ballet School Updates for the Fall
What will after-school activities look like in the fall? It will be different for everyone, plus the CDC guidelines will affect whatever plan every facility chooses, so it is impossible for parents to know exactly what to expect. But we thought it would be helpful to at least get an idea of what some of the local extracurricular activity providers are planning to do. Here are the updates from some of the ballet schools in Central Mississippi.
Ballet Magnificat! will be hosting in-person classes starting August 31. The schedule will be similar to years past.
In efforts to promote a safe experience for students and families, Ballet Magnificat! is implementing a number of precautions including limited class sizes, additional cleaning/disinfecting measures and social distancing guidelines. Ballet Magnificat! will continue to monitor state and federal guidelines and recommendations when establishing regulations to help promote the health and wellness of students, parents, faculty and staff. Guidelines will be in place to limit the number of people waiting in the hallways and class structure/choreography will be adjusted to lessen contact between students.
If it becomes necessary to close during the fall, Ballet Magnificat! will again offer online options to enable students to continue training. Ballet Magnificat! is also exploring the possibility of offering virtual training options for students throughout the year.
Ballet Magnificat! is passionate about providing excellence in ballet training in a Christ centered environment. We believe that students need outlets of fellowship and encouragement now more than ever. As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, Ballet Magnificat! will make adjustments as needed to continue to provide a fun, safe and encouraging atmosphere for students.
Mississippi Metropolitan Dance Academy
We will be offering in-person classes in the fall. Registration is currently on-line. Our classes will be smaller and shorter to allow cleaning and sanitizing between sessions. Both of our studios are set up for six feet of spacing between each student. All students will be screened, sanitized and have their temperature taken before entering the building. Our staff will be screened and sanitized as well.
We will be offering virtual classes in addition to our in-studio classes for those who are not comfortable returning to the studio. We will be ready to go completely virtual if needed. We adapted quickly when COVID hit us in March. We had an in-house, professionally videoed recital this year because of the restrictions on gatherings. It was not what we wanted or expected but we made it happen. Our students worked so hard all year and stayed with us through the transition, so we wanted to make sure they had a chance to shine! We are hoping to have a traditional recital this coming year but will follow CDC guidelines, of course.
Lindsey Claire Dance School
Registration for Dance, Cheer and Tumble classes is now open online. Classes begin in our newly expanded facility on Monday, August 3rd.
LCDC follows the More Than Just Great Dancing! ® Safer Studio Guidelines which prioritize a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures including:
• Wellness checks for staff. All teachers and staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19. • All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
• Frequent hand hygiene
• Enhanced cleaning procedures. We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traction areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, viewing windows, barres, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
• Minimizing mixing and mingling via social distancing practices. We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of social distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times.
• Curricular and facility adjustments. All lobby waiting areas, parent waiting room, changing rooms, student study areas, etc will be closed unless specified.
• Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications. Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Please visit our website and check your email daily to stay up to date on our studio announcements and current Covid-19 policies.
• Due to the nature of our business and the amount of physical activity our teachers do while at work, our staff will not be required to wear mask. They will be taking every precaution to keep their distance from students. They will not be required to wear mask, but they can if they choose to do so. Mask wearing for students and parents is at personal/parental discretion.