Barnes & Noble Short Story Contest For Young Writers
Posted by Dasha Peipon | Apr 29, 2020
Attention all young storytellers and promising wordsmiths! Barnes & Noble is calling on children ages 6-12 to share their original short stories for a chance to be published in a book!
Barnes & Noble believes in the power of stories to inspire and bring joy! That’s why they launched a Children’s Short Story Contest to give young writers a chance to become published authors. Fifteen select entrants will be published in a book sold exclusively at Barnes & Noble this holiday season, with a portion of the proceeds going to charity. In addition, the fifteen winners and fifteen runners-up will get a signed book from bestselling author Gail Carson Levine.
Guidelines for submission are:
- Parents or legal guardians can submit an original written or graphic short story on behalf of children ages 6 – 12 from April 27 through May 29.
- Entries should include the parent or legal guardian’s name, email, and address. Only the child’s first name and age should be provided with your entry.
- The work must be an original written or graphic story.
- Suggested word count is 300 – 800 words or 4 pages of a graphic story (black & white).
- 15 entrants will be chosen for publication in a book to be sold exclusively at select Barnes & Noble stores, while supplies last, during Holiday 2020 with a portion of the proceeds going to charity.
- The fifteen winners and fifteen runners-up will get a signed book from bestselling author Gail Carson Levine. Winners and runners-up will also have the chance to be featured on Barnes & Noble’s social channels.
To submit your child’s story, fill out a form here! Good luck to all the writers.