COVID-19 Stories: Mississippi Children’s Museum
What would you like us to share with our audience about your organization?
We hope you and your loved ones are well and safe during this time of national crisis. MCM made the difficult decision to close to the public in mid-March to support our healthcare first responders and will continue to abide by the recommendations of our state and federal officials.
Currently, we anticipate being closed for April and May, and joyfully, hope to reopen with our summer exhibit, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secrets of the Sewer in June. We will continue to monitor the situation and encourage you to follow us on social media for the most up-to-date news.
A few items you may be wondering about:
- Memberships-For every day that we are closed, we will add a day to extend your membership for the same number of days once we open. For membership questions or to renew your membership, please email Bob Lowery, at email@example.com.
- Facility Rentals-We are in the process of reaching out to everyone who has scheduled a facility rental and we hope that you will reschedule your event with us at a later date. Please send your questions to Cynthia Till at Cynthia@mcm.ms.
- Birthday Parties-We are reaching out to all families who have parties scheduled and hoping you will re-schedule or consider a “half year” birthday party for a later date. You may contact Cynthia Till at Cynthia@mcm.ms with questions.
- Summer Camp-We are reviewing our plans and will make a final decision next month. Check our website for updates or email Patti Reiss at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Events-All upcoming museum events are postponed with the intention of rescheduling later in the year.
- Field Trips-Groups with current reservations will be contacted directly with more information and we hope that you consider re-scheduling for a later date. Please email Phillip Weisenberger at email@example.com to reschedule.
As we navigate these challenging times together, we want you to know our non-profit relies on admissions, grants, and supportive donors to keep our doors open and carry out our mission. We need your financial support now, more than ever!
Please click here to learn more about the CARES Act passed by the United States Congress, the additional tax incentives for donors who support non-profits, like ours and donate through our website.
While closed to the public, we’re still working hard, finding new ways to connect with our members and our community! You’ll find all sorts of fun activities to do with your children, experiments to try at home, coloring sheets and more on our website. Be on the lookout for a special edition of our MCM Playbook in your mailbox in a few weeks!
You can also keep in touch with us through our social media. We’ve been posting videos with story times, your favorite MCM programs, and behind the scenes peeks of our museum.
Joy, playing, and learning is more essential than ever before! Stay connected with your MCM family and children all across Mississippi, virtually, until we can all safely be together again!