Update About Grab-and-Go Feeding Program
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson Public School District announced a change to its grab-and-go feeding program.
JPS will continue to serve grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals during school closures through April 17, 2020.
However, meals will not be served on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 7th
- Thursday, April 9th
- Friday, April 10th
- Monday, April 13th
Several schools and organizations in Mississippi are offering to feed students, who are out of school due to the coronavirus.
Here’s a list:
- Canton Public School District will now only serve Lunch-To-Go Monday through Thursday beginning on April 6, 2020 until further notice at McNeal and Canton Elementary Schools. However, students will be allowed to get two meals on Thursday since meals will not be offered on Friday. The staff will use Friday to restock supplies and sanitize the area to ensure everyone’s safety. All school-aged children will eat FREE. Children MUST BE PRESENT to get their meal. Lunch will be served from 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Claiborne County School District have prepared learning packs for students to complete during school closure. Beginning Tuesday morning, March 24, two nutritious grab and go meals will be delivered to students by bus drivers, along with the learning packs.
- Clinton Public Schools: Beginning Monday, March 30, the Clinton Public School District will change its lunch distribution schedule from five days a week to three days a week. Lunches will now be handed out Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Northside/Eastside campus from 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. Parents will be allowed to pick up two lunches per child to cover the days the lunch line will not be open.
- During this shelter-in-place order, CPSD will continue to offer grab-and-go lunches on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays as long as personnel can safely do so.
- Hinds County School District (HCSD) will provide to-go meals for students starting Monday, March 23, 2020. Students will be given a To-Go Lunch for the day and a breakfast for the following morning. The student must be present in order to receive the meal. Meals will be provided for children age 18 and under, Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the following school sites:
- Bolton-Edwards Elementary Middle School at 9700 I-20, Bolton, MS 39041
- Gary Road Elementary School at 7241 Gary Road, Byram, MS 39272
- Raymond Elementary School at 417 Palestine Road, Raymond, MS 39154
- Terry High School at 235 West Beasley Road, Terry, MS 39170
- Utica Elementary Middle School at 260 Highway 18 and 27, Utica, MS 39175
- Holmes Consolidated School District to offer Grab and Go meals. Meals will include breakfast and lunch and will be delivered to all area school bus-stops. Students are asked to be at bus-stops between 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. for breakfast and return to bus-stops for lunch between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Madison County Schools pick up meal service will be modified once the shelter in place order takes effect: multi-meal packs, designed to cover multiple days, will be offered for pick up on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. This plan will not affect meal service on April 3, but the changes will take effect for the upcoming week.
- During the shelter in place order, grab and go multi-meal packs will be available for pick up only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at all six MCS meal distribution locations: Velma Jackson High School, Smith Chapel Baptist Church (Flora), East Flora Elementary, Camden Elementary, Ann Smith Elementary, andMadison Crossing Elementary.
- Multi-meal packs are available free of charge to all children 18 and under during the shelter in place order. Meals are available for free to all children regardless of where they go to school, but they do need to be present to receive a meal. Adults may purchase grab and go meals for $12; this price includes multiple meals in one bag
- Pearl Public School District will serve drive-up Grab and Go meals beginning Tuesday, March 17, at Pearl Lower Elementary from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. All children 18 and under will eat free. Children must be present to claim their meals. They do not have to be a PPSD student. Adult meals will be $3.50 – cash only. First Responders in uniform will also eat free. Participants are asked to remain in their cars and follow traffic through the large parking lot at Pearl Lower Elementary. Grab and Go meals will be brought to the cars. Pearl Lower Elementary is located at 160 Mary Ann Drive.
- Rankin County Schools: Starting Monday, April 6, the Rankin County School District will continue serving drive thru GRAB and GO meals (breakfast and lunch) on Monday & Wednesday during school closure. Monday’s meal will contain two breakfast items, and two lunches. Wednesday’s meal will contain three breakfast items and three lunches. All children 18 and under eat FREE. Children DO NOT have to be a Rankin County School District student. No ID is required Per Federal regulations, children must be present to claim their meal. Families will not need to enter the school building for pick-up. Families will be able to drive through to pick up meals. Meals will be sold to adults for $3.50. In an effort to prevent the spread of germs, money will not exchange hands, so exact change is required. The hours will be between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Locations:
- Highland Bluff Elementary
- McLaurin Elementary
- Rouse Elementary
- Puckett Elementary
- Pelahatchie Elementary
- Pisgah Elementary
- Richland Upper Elementary
- Simpson County School District will be serving free grab and go breakfasts and luches daily to children in the county 18 years of age and younger, starting Monday, March 23. They will be served 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. via drive-thru service at Magee Elementary, Mendenhall Elementary and Simpson Central. Each child must be present to receive the meals.
- South Pike School District will offer grab and go lunches Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The lunches will be available at Eva Gordon Lower and Upper Elementary. They will also have bus delivery. All children are welcome.
- Vicksburg Warren School District to deliver free school meals to all children ages 18 and younger in Warren County on Wednesday, March 18. Meals will be delivered each day, Monday through Friday, until students return to school. Meals may be picked up at a child’s closest bus stop between 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. A list of bus stops can be found at www.vwsd.org/transportation. A child must be present at the bus stop to receive meals. This service is not restricted to VWSD students. Parents/guardians are encouraged to complete this form if they have children in their household who normally do not ride a VWSD bus, and they wish to participate in this program. CLICK HERE for form or visit https://forms.gle/4bxQELhbxHz7L9RL8. Meals for adults are not available for purchase at this time.
- Vowell’s grocery store in Byram offering a free breakfast snack and a free snack lunch for children while our schools are closed. Breakfast will be distributed from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Lunch will be distributed from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Keep in mind that a child must be present.
- If you have school-aged children at home alone during this time and would like a meal delivered to them during the day, Byram Police ask that you fill out a form. Click here for more information.
- Walthall County Schools offering grab-and-go lunches starting Monday, March 23. The meals are available for kids 18 and under, even if they don’t attend school in the district. The meals will be handed out from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Tylertown Elementary School.