FAMILIES AS Allies SUPPORTS YOU DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
From Families As Allies
We want you to know that the board and staff of Families as Allies are unconditionally committed to supporting you as we all learn together how to deal with the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak and all that it has brought with it.
Staff members of Families as Allies are working remotely for the sake of everyone’s safety. We can still be reached by phone (601-355-0915) and email (email@example.com).
These are the specific ways we want to support you:
- We will be calling many of you in the upcoming days and weeks to see how you are doing and what types of support would be most helpful to your family.
- We encourage each of you to choose a trusted person you know whom you can call for support. Not sure who to call? You can always call us at 601-355-0915. Leave a message and we will call you back shortly. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the health of your family and others, we urge you to limit your contact with others as much as possible. Stay home if you can; in public, observe “social distancing” and stay six feet away from other people.
- Please join us for our webinar “Partnering in your Child’s Behavioral Healthcare: What Can I Do to Support My Child’s Mental Health?” on Wednesday, March 23, at noon central time. The content has been updated to discuss specific ways to help children cope with the COVID-19 crisis. You can register here.
- Remember that educational services for children with IEPs should be delivered in the same manner as educational services for other children. Your child’s school district may or may not be offering educational services for all children – whatever they offer needs to be the same for children with and without IEPs.
- If you are on Facebook, we now have a private group just for families to support other families. You can find the group by searching for “Families as Allies” group on Facebook.
- We are having a virtual family support group this Thursday, March 26 at 4:30 PM. Any parent or caregiver is welcome to join us. For more information on how to join, click here.
- Visit our Facebook page and website for more updates.
- Make sure any information you get about the Corona Virus is accurate. A great place to start is the Mississippi State Department of Health COVID-19 24/7 Hotline ( 877-978-6453) and webpage.
- We invite you to check out The National Federation of Families’ Home Resources Facebook Page for support with your children while they are at home.
With unity and our unconditional support,
The Board and Staff of Families as Allies