Starting a New Hobby
While we are all trying to figure out how to embrace our time in isolation at home with our kids, here are some fun things to do together! Hope you enjoy some of these.
Here are some links to get you into a new hobby.
• Illustrated recipes designed to help kids age 2-12 cook with their grown-ups. Recipes encourage culinary skills, literacy, math, and science. https://www.nomsterchef.com/nomster-recipe-library
• Guide to gardening for kids https://web.extension.illinois.edu/firstgarden/
• Kids Think Design explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theatre, architecture, animation, and environmental design. http://www.kidsthinkdesign.org/
• Your child can play games, learn fun facts, and find out how to turn coin collecting into a hobby. https://www.usmint.gov/learn/kids
• Scratch draws students of all types into coding and lays a foundation for future learning. https://scratch.mit.edu/