Learning about the Earth
While we are all trying to figure out how to embrace our time in isolation at home with our kids, here are some fun things to do together! Hope you enjoy some of these.
Here are some Earth science links.
• Interactive video earth science based curriculum supplement. https://www.everyday-earth.com/
• Learn all about earthquakes https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/kids/
• Farmer’s almanac for kids… Date, weather, moon phase, etc. https://www.almanac.com/kids
• All sorts of learning here if you dig in https://www.google.com/earth/
• Tests kids’ geography skills. Using images from Google’s Street View, it plops players down in the middle of the street and asks them to figure out where they are. https://www.geoguessr.com/
• This NASA initiative covers a wide range of topics including weather, climate, atmosphere, water, energy, plants, and animals. https://climatekids.nasa.gov/
• From rainbows to tornadoes and winter storms to tsunamis, meteorologist Crystal Wicker breaks down the fascinating world of weather. http://www.weatherwizkids.com/