While we are all trying to figure out how to embrace our time in isolation at home with our kids, here are some fun things to do together! Hope you enjoy some of these.
Even when you can’t go out, you can go see the world.
• 35,000 pages of online content on the cultures and countries of the world. https://www.countryreports.org/
• Free videos from around the world from grade 3-12
• National Geographic Young Explorers is a magazine designed specifically for kindergarten and first grade students. Children can listen to the magazine being read to them as they follow along with the highlighted text. https://ngexplorer.cengage.com/ngyoungexplorer/index.html
• Allows students to type in any city, state, or country to view an archive of historical photographs and other documents. It’s a unique way to help them learn about history. http://www.whatwasthere.com/
• No need to travel to one of the Smithsonian’s zoos or museums — this website brings your child everything from live video of the National Zoo to the Smithsonian Learning Lab right to their screen https://www.si.edu/kids