Parents & Kids Staff | Mar 18, 2019 | 0
Valentine’s Day: 5 Thoughtful Gifts That Don’t Require Your Wallet
If you want to do something extra special for the loved ones in your life, you don’t always have to think BIG. Here are a few ideas that won’t break the bank, but will become memorable gifts or experiences for your family and friends.
1. Start the day by making the usual toast with strawberry jam. But this time use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to present it. Success guaranteed!
2. This one is a no-brainer. It’s easy, it’s free, the process is fun (if you make it fun) and keeps the kids occupied for hours. Drumroll… It’ a clean house! Get to work. Everyone gets to be a part of it, and everyone gets to enjoy the results in the end.
3. No need to buy heart-shaped cushions and garlands to decorate your home. Find a few twigs outside, put them in a vase or pitcher and glue little paper heart cutouts. Simple, yet so elegant.
4. If you ask moms what they really want, 9 out of 10 will probably admit they could use some alone time. Whether it’s reading a book in a coffee shop, a little shopping or taking a bubble bath – some quiet uninterrupted time can do miracles for a busy mama. Take notes, dads!
5. Instead of buying a card, go on a scavenger hunt with the kids, and try to find as many objects, shaped as a heart, as you can. If it’s a cloud, or a hole in a fence that looks like a heart, take a picture – you can print and frame it later. If it’s a heart-shaped rock, you can paint and decorate it at home. It will be a token of love treasured for years to come.